About Me

Denver, Colorado
Its about time I update my blog. I'm the type of person who insists on havng a good time. Almost to a fault. I enjoy quiet time with my husband and would really like a dog but realize we dont have time to take care of one. We love adventures. I love the thought of being finshed with a great big hike or bike or run. That feeling of accomplishment - of seeing a new place or the view from the top of one of the highest mountains in the state. I hate the thought of that first step or peddle. I love my husband and our families. I am so blessed. I'm terrified of losing my parents someday. My circle of friends grows larger and stronger every day and I cant fathom how lucky I am in this life.

6.06.2008

keeping up

I do realize how long it's been since I'd turned into a blog "lingerer" without keeping up on my own life.




It's been a crazy few months! For some reason blogging seemed like the last thing I should be doing - but I have the day off (as I will get every other friday off from now on) and I feel like I'm connecting with myself a little bit -- FINALLY! This started with sleeping or lounging until almost 11 today! I don't think I've done that since college but boy did it feel good. And now that it is 1 I've managed to catch up on a little email, read blogs, and now I'm finally getting a new post up!



Since March:


I got a new job! It was about 3 months in the making but I officially started with Kinder Morgan on May 12th as an air and water compliance engineer. I love it and have a TON to learn. Somebody someplace was trying to throw me a bone for this because I don't know how I deserve the job. The people are aweseome, the work is so much fun.

Our friends dave and brianna got married Memorial Day weekend:





I went home to see my folks and brother, sister in law and Willa on the farm. Here is one of Willa and my dad right before she became terrified of the four wheeler:
We went on a mountain bike ride and got scarily close to some big horn sheep:

I fully realize I'm not exactly "riding" my bike here - which is how much of the bike ride turned out.

I got back from Houston Wednesday night. I went there to meet the rest of my peers and get a bunch of new work. Houston was much hotter and more humid than I imagined! And for some reason all the hotels were booked due to a conference or something so I stayed at a cute b&b called Sara's located in Houston Heights. It was really great -- the Inn Keepers were amazing and breakfast sunny and filling. I stayed in the Dallas Suite.






3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Congrats on the new job that you absolutely do deserve. I am so glad you found some time to blog as I have clicked on your site many times over the last months, hoping to read about your thoughts, feelings and life. We need to get a trip to Mexico planned sometime soon!! Hello to Wadeski.

Lexy said...

Hi there Karen!! Congrats on the new job! It's always fun and challenging to start something new. It was fun to catch up on all of your adventures. Sounds like you sure have been keeping busy. I agree with Cindy that we need some Rocky Point trip to look forward to soon :)

Lexy said...

How's the new job going??