I have just been the worst at keeping up with blogging!
Here's a quick recap of a few fun things we've been up to...
August we went to Baltimore and DC for a long weekend. We had a blast! Since congress wasn't in session and it's supposedly too hot for vacationers (whatever - there was still people EVERYWHERE), we got a really nice room near dupont circle for a great price. We checked out the monuments and found a few bars that had been suggested to us, other than that, a quick trip to the spy museum and Arlington then back to the airport!
Then for a quick anniversary trip we decided to stick near home and try a Colorado city we've never been to before. We took a 4 night trip to Aspen - it was awesome!!! The first day we drove to a trailhead called Condundrum - we hiked in 8.5 miles to hot springs at the end of the trail. The hot springs were at 11,200 feet so it was really cold at night up there, but the hot springs were somewhere around 90 degrees so it was awesome! Perfect hike/day/and evening.
We were going to take one last dip in the hot springs before heading out of camp in the morning, but since a group of men being "one" with nature (aka, in the buff) were occupying the pool, we decided to skip the dip and head out:)
After the hot springs and camping, we got a hotel for the next three nights in snowmass village. I don't have as many photos but the rest of the weekend was fabulous, GREAT food, GREAT beer, and the GREATEST guy in the world to share it with!! We went to the jazz aspen festival a couple of nights while we were there and saw a great show by Ziggy Marley and Bob Dylan and the second night Dwight Yokam and John Fogherty. Lots of people watching and lots of drinks!
About Me
- Karen
- Denver, Colorado
- Its about time I update my blog. I'm the type of person who insists on havng a good time. Almost to a fault. I enjoy quiet time with my husband and would really like a dog but realize we dont have time to take care of one. We love adventures. I love the thought of being finshed with a great big hike or bike or run. That feeling of accomplishment - of seeing a new place or the view from the top of one of the highest mountains in the state. I hate the thought of that first step or peddle. I love my husband and our families. I am so blessed. I'm terrified of losing my parents someday. My circle of friends grows larger and stronger every day and I cant fathom how lucky I am in this life.









2 comments:
Your vacations sounds super neat! The naked men in the hot springs...and I thought the Naked Spa in Hawaii was bad. Wow!
Happy anniversary!! Glad you guys have been getting away from work to enjoy some time together! DC is my favorite place every - love the energy there.
Post a Comment