About Me

Denver, Colorado
Its about time I update my blog. I'm the type of person who insists on havng a good time. Almost to a fault. I enjoy quiet time with my husband and would really like a dog but realize we dont have time to take care of one. We love adventures. I love the thought of being finshed with a great big hike or bike or run. That feeling of accomplishment - of seeing a new place or the view from the top of one of the highest mountains in the state. I hate the thought of that first step or peddle. I love my husband and our families. I am so blessed. I'm terrified of losing my parents someday. My circle of friends grows larger and stronger every day and I cant fathom how lucky I am in this life.

4.18.2009

365 days of awesomeness

I just got this idea from a good friend. Something awesome happens every single day in this life (in Chris' words: from bus freaks to bulgogi). I'm not stealing the idea. In fact I'm pretty sure it's already been done a few times. I do think that awesome is different to everyone though and I believe it is important to remain aware of how awesome this life really is. So, I'm going to start posting something every day. If I miss a day because I'm away from the computer I'll make a note of what happend that day and post it the next time I get to the computer.

Now, I'm normally not very good at following through with things like this but I'm really going to try. And now that I'm posting this blog I think I'll be held more accountable for doing this.

I'll start by saying how awesome our instict of "coping" is. We were stuck on the freeway from 4pm to 2am last night in about a 13 mile stretch. The DOT closed it both directions. I think it's awesome that after flipping out about the situation at 4:30 after waiting about a half hour, our bodies and our minds allowed us to just calm down, realize the world isn't ending, and eventually we'd get home. It's awesome how the next 9.5 hours were filled with some weird contentment which came from gawd knows where. You think the world is ending after a half hour but are then able to cope with the inevitable for the next 9.5 with no real concern. That's pretty awesome. And to put the icing on the cake we got to see a ford focus asswipe driver wreck his car trying to get in front of everyone. That was awesome:)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Awesome idea. I'll be reading!