About Me

Denver, Colorado
Its about time I update my blog. I'm the type of person who insists on havng a good time. Almost to a fault. I enjoy quiet time with my husband and would really like a dog but realize we dont have time to take care of one. We love adventures. I love the thought of being finshed with a great big hike or bike or run. That feeling of accomplishment - of seeing a new place or the view from the top of one of the highest mountains in the state. I hate the thought of that first step or peddle. I love my husband and our families. I am so blessed. I'm terrified of losing my parents someday. My circle of friends grows larger and stronger every day and I cant fathom how lucky I am in this life.

11.24.2008

Okay so let me just face that I'm not a good blogger

I just never have it in me to get on here and post what's goin on. Nothing really new. Still loving my job, we're trying to take advantage of a down market and are both really thankful to have stableness in our lives.

I went to Seattle and San Francisco for work this month so we got to spend a few awesome days with our wonderful, beautiful friends Chris and Shawn, along with Wade's uncle Steve. We also spent a fabulous long weekend in San Francisco -- probably one of the coolest places I've ever been to. Period. When we got there, we asked ourselves 'why would we live anywhere else but here?' 4 days later we told ourselves 'we need to get the f*** out of here before we go completely broke!' A few pictures follow below. In Seattle we ate amazing food, caught up with the best friends a person could ask for, became inspired to be that hippie kid with ideals I always thought I would base my life on, and took in the most beautiful, healthy, healing smells.

In San Francisco we did a ton of stuff: biked the Golden Gate, rented a convertible to go to Napa and Sonoma - Hess Collection Winery - the best!!! Smells on the way to the winery are like none other - went out in Mission, spent time at Vecuvio's in North Beach next to City Lights, Chinatown, the Wharf, Berkely, Golden Gate Park, Haight and Ashbury, the ocean.... aw the beautiful beautiful ocean - found some awesome B&Bs that we NEED to stay if we ever go back - in Mill Valley and Stinson Beach. Perfect!

We have a ton of things to be thankful for this year and at this very moment life is so content. One of the biggest things right now besides our health, happiness, friends, family and their health and happiness is Barack Obama as our President and the shapliness of his new Administration. I love Hillary as Secretary of State. I'm just overflowing with hope and excitement and faith in the people Obama surrounds himself with and in 2009 I will strive to be a better citizen and community member by donating more time, recycling more, taking the extra glance back at the people in which I might be able to make a difference in their lives.

Wade swimming in the freeeeeeeezing cold ocean at Muir Beach


Muir Woods National Monument. Breathtaking woods.




Me inside a tree!



Hess Collection Winery







Biking the bridge





Getting a foot "massage" more like torture.








THis was AWESOME! mice on cat on dog.


Market in Seattle





Chris and Wade





Chris and Shawn

2 comments:

Lexy said...

Love all of your photos!! What a gerat trip!

Cynthia said...

Loved reading your thoughts and about your vacation. Miss you guys!