About Me

Denver, Colorado
Its about time I update my blog. I'm the type of person who insists on havng a good time. Almost to a fault. I enjoy quiet time with my husband and would really like a dog but realize we dont have time to take care of one. We love adventures. I love the thought of being finshed with a great big hike or bike or run. That feeling of accomplishment - of seeing a new place or the view from the top of one of the highest mountains in the state. I hate the thought of that first step or peddle. I love my husband and our families. I am so blessed. I'm terrified of losing my parents someday. My circle of friends grows larger and stronger every day and I cant fathom how lucky I am in this life.

8.21.2007

Float tank

So I went into the float tank on Sunday. From the time I got in until the woman who owned the spa came and knocked on the tank indicating my time was up seemed to be about 45 minutes.

My opinion on floating?

I need to do it again and then I'll decide whether or not I like it.

For the first 15 minutes or so i kept thinking to myself there is no way this is beneficial. I got a little air pillow because they said it was difficult for us to get used to letting our heads float. I tried my hardest to let my head go without the pillow but it really was uncomfortable. I felt that I could not let my neck muscles relax and kept having to hold my head up. So I finally gave in and used the pillow.

Then I couldn't decide how I wanted my legs: Crossed? Uncrossed? Knees up? And what about my arms and hands: Crossed over my chest? on my thighs? outstretched?

All these weird dillemas and I thought to myself there is NO way I'm going to be able to relax here.

Then all of a sudden I must have fallen asleep. I remember waking up talking to myself then dozed off again. Next thing I knew, Andrea was knocking at my tank. It really was quite nice in there.

So there you have it. I really need to go for round two and then will form my opinion.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Hmmmm. Interesting. I have a gift certificate to a spa and I think I'm going to try a facial. I've never had one before.