About Me

Denver, Colorado
Its about time I update my blog. I'm the type of person who insists on havng a good time. Almost to a fault. I enjoy quiet time with my husband and would really like a dog but realize we dont have time to take care of one. We love adventures. I love the thought of being finshed with a great big hike or bike or run. That feeling of accomplishment - of seeing a new place or the view from the top of one of the highest mountains in the state. I hate the thought of that first step or peddle. I love my husband and our families. I am so blessed. I'm terrified of losing my parents someday. My circle of friends grows larger and stronger every day and I cant fathom how lucky I am in this life.

7.31.2007

All the excitment these days leads to stress.

I am usually a stress free person. Ask anyone. Normally I am so stress free it can be detrimental to getting assignments in on time (at work and at school).

Not these days.

Schedule (feel free to skip it. I think it just makes me feel better to write it down):
July first week: Home with the family, wedding on the weekend in northern MN.
July second week: Fort Worth for work. Client didn't show up. Trying to catch up on school.
July Third Week: School can't get caught up. Weekend: Fly home Thursday. Drink beers starting at 1am. Friday: Hang out with my girls, facials, golf, see my folks, drinking. Saturday: Bridal shower. Sick from the last night of drinking. ABSOLUTELY HATE opening gifts in front of the people that gave them to me. Shaking as I hold each one up. Saturday night: Wedding. Try not to drink too much but need to be socialable. Sunday 5:45am: Flight to Denver.
July Fourth Week: Folks come to visit on Thursday. We find flowers for the wedding. Get a program ready to go. Hang out at the house. My dad can't stand the non-airconditioned home in 90 degree weather. Trying to catch up with homework.
July last week/Aug first week: Make a mistake at work, need to finalize vows, Friday: Bridal shower, Saturday: Mud Volleyball Tournament benefitting March of Dimes, Sunday: 6am: Tri for the Cure. Scared but can't wait!
August second week: Whatever else we need to do to get married. go to courthouse. figure out how to make our marriage legal. Weekend: Fly to Minnesota for a Nielsen Family Reunion....
August Third week: Somehow finish my class, somehow finish wedding details, Weekend: two parties and the Denver Oyster Adventure Race benefitting the Special Olympics. Not sure what that race will entail!!!
August fourth week: Weekend before we leave for Mexico.

I'm such a freak. I started crying for no reason this morning to Wade - as if he can help me!
Plus I have that sad feeling about missing my family too. I think we might have to move back to MN someday. I am thinking that more and more. I'm not sure though. We have to wait until we are done with school. I think wade is on track to finish the end of 2008. maybe I'll feel differently by then.

On a lighter note I got to see my niece and nephew the beginning of the month. Here are a few candids of Willa and Dylan. And one of me and me folks.






3 comments:

Cynthia said...

My favorite part of this post is how you say that you hate opening gifts in front of people. I am so relieved to read that. I feel the same way.

In fact, I usually avoid uncomfortable or inconvenient situations, even if it's rude or unconventional.

For example, I have to admit to the following extremely rude behaviors:

I did not open my wedding or baby shower gifts in front of people (did it later that night alone with Koning). In fact, I did not even send thank you cards.

Additional rude behaviors I admit to but am not necessarily apologizing for are:

I will probably forget your birthday.

I will RSVP and then not show up, except to a wedding :).

I will be late.

I will let you help me clean up after I invite you for dinner (you will never hear me say…”Oh no no no…you don’t have to help do the dishes).

All I have in my defense is that I do not care at all if anyone does these things to me. I am not offended if you forget my birthday, don’t send a thank you card, show up late or if you do not offer to help clean dishes. I have little expectations from others to show proper etiquette. If anything, I hope that makes me more comfortable to be around. Unless they like that kind of stuff and in that case….I probably just come across rude. :)

Lexy said...

I also hate to open gifts in front of people. You have to say things like "oh what a lovely can opener... just what I always wanted" and try to sound sincere. I'm a terrible liar so that just ends up sounding cheesey.

Now, a technique to do before each of your crazy busy events: Try to breathe deep and step back as if "now" is in the past and look at yourself enjoying the people and the place. You might be able to gain perspective for just a short minute about what really matters and enjoy the fun, the people, and the adventures that are ahead during your super BUSY time. Not easy, but worth a try!

Love the photos!! Thinking about you and sending peaceful karma your way (and a big hug)!

Karen said...

Thanks ladies for the comments. It's a relief to hear that other people feel the same way I do about a lot of the "have-to's" I've been getting pressured into at this time in my life.

As much as everyone knows how much I hate the shower things that go along with getting married, somehow they still insist that it's something I need to do. And of course I'm grateful for all the generosity.

Also - thanks for the words of encouragement. I know better than to schedule so much at one time but this too shall pass.

Thanks again and see you soon!