About Me

Denver, Colorado
Its about time I update my blog. I'm the type of person who insists on havng a good time. Almost to a fault. I enjoy quiet time with my husband and would really like a dog but realize we dont have time to take care of one. We love adventures. I love the thought of being finshed with a great big hike or bike or run. That feeling of accomplishment - of seeing a new place or the view from the top of one of the highest mountains in the state. I hate the thought of that first step or peddle. I love my husband and our families. I am so blessed. I'm terrified of losing my parents someday. My circle of friends grows larger and stronger every day and I cant fathom how lucky I am in this life.

8.06.2007

One crazy weekend down...And this is why I do this to myself. It's worth it!

Last Friday afternoon all I could think was "I can't wait for Sunday Evening when I can sit and relax after the craziness the weekend was about to bring".

The weekend did fly by but the events were crazy fun and gave me that deep down feeling of accomplishment and contentment.

Friday evening was another dreaded bridal shower, followed by a great musical, "I love you, your perfect, now change." Was different than I expected but consisted of nearly 20 different skits all on aspects of relationships. Very funny and very good.
Saturday we woke up bright and early to head off to the Mudd Volleyball tournament we were participating in. I swear there is nothing more fun than a sunny day, mud, drinks, and good friends. A few before, during and after photos:



















On Sunday I awoke BRIGHT and early at 4:50 to go participate in Tri for the Cure in Denver. The triathlon was a .5 mile swim, a 12 mile bike ride, and then a 3.1 mile run. I really thought I'd do the best at the running part but to my mistake, I couldn't move my legs and only got to "run" about half of it and had to do my best attempt at "speed walking" for the other half. It was a very emotional day. After the "elite" athletes start, then all the breast cancer survivors started and then it went in 3-minute waves from oldest to youngest. What a day!


2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Karen, you amaze me!

Lexy said...

I love your sense of adventure! I'm tired just reading your blog!!