About Me

Denver, Colorado
Its about time I update my blog. I'm the type of person who insists on havng a good time. Almost to a fault. I enjoy quiet time with my husband and would really like a dog but realize we dont have time to take care of one. We love adventures. I love the thought of being finshed with a great big hike or bike or run. That feeling of accomplishment - of seeing a new place or the view from the top of one of the highest mountains in the state. I hate the thought of that first step or peddle. I love my husband and our families. I am so blessed. I'm terrified of losing my parents someday. My circle of friends grows larger and stronger every day and I cant fathom how lucky I am in this life.

3.19.2007

home alone!


Wade left for Minnesota on a work trip yesterday. Neither of us leaves very often without the other so whenever he does I get sad and think about how much I will miss him and then realize that as hard as I try not to, I take so much of our time together for granted.

But then when I remember what it's like to be on my own (for a couple days), I also remember how much I love my "me" time. When Wade is gone, I do things that I don't normally take the time out of my work and school schedule to do.

Things I do when Wade is gone include:
- a bubble bath with my cat leif (he sits on the edge of the tub and plays with the bubbles)
- bring the antena upstairs to the bedroom and leave the television on all night
- go to bed at 8 with a glass of wine and my laptop
- watch chick flicks
- skip the gym and veg on the couch
- call my mom
- and of course leave my phone under my pillow and wait for his good night call!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I love the "things I do when my husband is gone" list. I have a "things I do when I'm traveling list" that's pretty cool. I'm sitting in an airport on my way to San Antonio right now blogging in the middle of the afternoon on a Tuesday when everyone else in my office is working!! Traveling isn't all that bad!