But, after having two weeks of Holiday traveling and guests and binge drinking and binge eating, I so so so much appreciate my days and weeks and months filled with a routine. I'm not necessarily glued to the routine that currently fits me. I would be willing to change it up at a moment's notice, but I love knowing exactly what I'm going to be doing for the next 5 days. Get up, go to work, maybe get a quick walk in and a bite to eat with a coworker, head home, make a quick dinner, go the gym, run, take in my tuesday yoga class, maybe a chore or two, then relax with wade on the sofa for a couple of hours before hitting the hay.
Without a routine I find myself being not-so-nice to my body with too much food (and usually the kind that doesn't invlove fruits and vegetables but rather frozen pizza and buffalo wings), not enough sleep, too much alcohol, and just plain neglect for the healthy way of life I strive for.
We went to Minnesota the Thur before Christmas and spent time with our families. On the prairie, it is nearly impossible to get outside for a brisk jog when the temps are around 10 degrees and the wind is blowing at 30+ miles an hour making it feel like little needles are flying at my face. So we revert to the house for snacks between meals which consist of not one entree, but two three or four! Not to mention the before dinner cocktails, wine with dinner, and after dinner drinks.
When we got back to Denver we had some great friends that met us the day we got back to endure more binge drinking, at least daily trips to the bar for dinners, IHOP for breakfasts, then get ready for the big Vikings game (note: tailgating starts at 9:30am for a 2pm game) PHOTOS WILL COME SOON!! And the grand finale was a New Years Eve celebration at our great friends Kristen and Joel's house. It would be silly not to end the year with a bang (including tequila, martinis, beer, champagne, cosmopolitans.......um.... whatever other items I probably fail to remember).
WHEW! I couldn't be happier to be heading off to work during the week, spending quiet saturday nights at home, and gettting a run, the gym AND a snowshoe hike in all in ONE sunday! I love it! Don't get me wrong by any means - I LOVE and CHERISH any time I get to spend with our families and I love it when people come to visit us.
We are going on a yurt trip in two weeks which we have to snowshoe into, so we made sure ahead of time we could find it. Here is where we will be staying with 7-9 other people:


And, finally, things that 2008 will bring -- Wade and I are going to be finishing our Masters degrees in this year!! I can't wait for some more free time together.
I'm also going to try to spend more time with my mom. I decided to track flights back to Minnesota and meet my mom for at least 2 girls' weekends this year so that our holiday visits are not so stressful and filled with expectations (which are usually not quite met).
I think it's going to be a big year. i'm not sure why yet but I'm just excited for what it will bring. I'm making a very concious effort at being more aware of my surroundings, taking everything in on moment at a time, and finding more contentment and serenity in my life this year. Bring it all on!
I'm posting one more photo including myself, Bridget, Brianna, and Cory taken a month or so ago prior to a University of Colorado football game in Boulder. I'm hoping for more sunny days like this one and less snow on the streets!
Happy 2008 everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment