And pretty happy here:
In the second photo you can kind of see how we are standing above a river in the bottom of a canyon and those rocks are the sides of the canyons. The walls are the same on either side. What I didn't know was that right after this photo was taken we'd be forced to "portage" our bikes up up up up up up up which seemed like miles on the side of a canyon wall that was as steep as the one seen in the photo. After we finally managed to get our bikes up the side of the canyon WITHOUT falling off the side of the who-knows-how-far-down-that-is trail cliff, we proceeded to "bike" another 5 miles to get out of the treacherous woods.
I put the word "bike" in quotes because technically that is what we were there to do. What I did, was a thing I call "hiking while towing bike" and "leaning bike on tree so I can lean on bike for rest."
Bless Wade's heart for getting me outside doing cool stuff like this. But darn it, next time I am choosing the trail!
No comments:
Post a Comment