About Me

Denver, Colorado
Its about time I update my blog. I'm the type of person who insists on havng a good time. Almost to a fault. I enjoy quiet time with my husband and would really like a dog but realize we dont have time to take care of one. We love adventures. I love the thought of being finshed with a great big hike or bike or run. That feeling of accomplishment - of seeing a new place or the view from the top of one of the highest mountains in the state. I hate the thought of that first step or peddle. I love my husband and our families. I am so blessed. I'm terrified of losing my parents someday. My circle of friends grows larger and stronger every day and I cant fathom how lucky I am in this life.

7.31.2007

Ugh.......

Has it ever happened to you that you think you made a really big mistake at work that could make at least one person really mad but it was an honest mistake and one that could have probably gone either way?

And then it's too late becauset he wheels are already in motion and there is no stopping it? I might have just done that. It's a really crappy feeling.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Absolutely, yes. Lots of times.

Karen, all you can do is make the best decision that you can with the information that you have at the time.

Not sure if this helps, but the last time this happened to me I said the following to the person that was mad:

1)Apologized for upsetting them
2)Explained the reasoning behind my decision
3) Admitted that in hindsight I might have choosen differently
4) Stated that I make lots of decisions each day - most I believe are good, but I know that some will be bad because I'm not perfect and don't hold myself to that expectation
5) Told them that it would do everything in my power to make sure it did not happen again
6) Ended with another apology.

Karen said...

I think I'll print this out and post it on my bulletin board so I can cheat the next time someone calls upset with me.

I have to admit that I am one of those types that avoids conflict at all costs and does whatever I can to make sure people don't get upset. I'm a yes-person in situations I shouldn't be and that sometimes puts me in difficult situations which could have been avoided.

These are things I knowingly need to work on and strive to be better and less intimidated by men and women that are twice my age.

Thanks Cindy!

Cynthia said...

In my experience, there are some older people who believe that all young people lack credibility. I respect experience, but I have seen older people that lack integrity and good judgment. Everyone makes mistakes. EVEN OLDER PEOPLE.

I hope that when I am older, I remember being young and intimidated and try not to do things that make young people feel unjustifiably inadequate.