About Me

Denver, Colorado
Its about time I update my blog. I'm the type of person who insists on havng a good time. Almost to a fault. I enjoy quiet time with my husband and would really like a dog but realize we dont have time to take care of one. We love adventures. I love the thought of being finshed with a great big hike or bike or run. That feeling of accomplishment - of seeing a new place or the view from the top of one of the highest mountains in the state. I hate the thought of that first step or peddle. I love my husband and our families. I am so blessed. I'm terrified of losing my parents someday. My circle of friends grows larger and stronger every day and I cant fathom how lucky I am in this life.

4.30.2007

Oh yeah I've been meaning to get a few opinions on a little honeymoon after Mexico. We are going to stay in Rocky Point for a couple days (Probably until Wed) and then we wanted to take the rest of the week off. We are going on an extended trip next summer so we don't want to do anything too exotic but a few days of rest and relaxation are in order (okay you guys know wade. we couldn't do anything too relaxing for more than a couple of days). Here are the ideas we have so far:

- Fly from Pheonix into San Fransisco for a couple days in the city and to wine country
- Try to find a charter for a couple nights' tour of the Sea of Cortez (I'm having a pretty hard time finding anything though)
- Flying into Southern California and spending a couple days keeping busy around san diego.

Any other ideas???

3 comments:

Lexy said...

Hey Karen - I love your ideas. In case you want to check a few places out, Ben and I did the San Diego thing for our honeymoon. We drove from PHX and stopped in Temecula which is about an hour from San Diego. They have a bunch of wineries and spas there. It's not as fancy as Napa but might be a good way to combine a few of your ideas! This is the place we stayed in Temecula http://www.temeculacreekinn.com/ and they had a golf course and a great pool/jacuzi. It was very rustic but nice. And then in San Diego we did the beach and the zoo and touristy stuff. We stayed at http://www.pacificterrace.com/ which was right on the beach and within walking distance to some fun stuff at Pacific Beach & Garnet Ave where all the action is. I'd love to do that trip again!! Just a few ideas for you.

Cynthia said...

Hi lady! Jeff and I went to San Fran and Napa on our honeymoon. I was glad to see San Fran, but it wasn't my favorite spot. There is lots to see and do there. It reminds me of a slightly slower, but just has hectic New York.

Napa, on the other hand, is a little more our style. It's a small, quiet little town, with cute places to eat and drink, mostly out on patios. The town basically closes down by 10pm, when everyone goes back to their bed and breakfast to have wine on their patios before bed. They rise early for breakfast and some morning exercise (bike rides, walking, etc.) Then everyone has their first glass of wine at 11am, with second breakfast.

We stayed in a cute little place that had a fireplace and turn-down service every night. Napa is one of my all time favorite vacations.

Karen said...

I love both of your input... and how fortunate for Wade and me that you both have first hand experience with the places we had in mind!!!! Thanks so much guys... i'll keep you posted on our plans.