
I was so excited to get home and post this blog yesterday (of course I didn't actually get to it today but that's details). If you haven't seen this film, I would highly recommend it, but even more I would recommend checking out this soundtrack. It is my favorite album to listen to while at the office or while cleaning or hanging out around the house, but it is ESPECIALLY great for jogging or walking outside. Many people have different tastes when it comes to good "work-out" music. This isn't Pump-you-up jock jams gym music. It's more of a feel good "look at the good things I'm doing for myself" music.
I went for a jog yesterday and it was super cold out with a few snowflake flurries dropping from the sky. I was listening to this album and everytime I do it never fails. I feel like I'm stepping outside of myself and viewing the world and all the passers by in a different form. I'm feel as though I am taking a HUGE step back and seeing "it all" (whatever that is) in a shining light perspective. I cannot describe this feeling. It's almost like being in the movie. All I can say is check it out and go for a jog or a walk or a hike. I love it. It's surreal.
Wow my feelings were a lot more difficult to get out in words than I thought!
3 comments:
I saw the movie many years ago but have not heard the soundtrack. I know exactly the feeling you are talking about - standing outside yourself and seeing how the world is "happening." The feeling reminds me of one of my favoriate songs that talks about the ability to see life as an illusion and enjoy even though you are not of it. I loved this post! Thanks.
Karen, I tried to email you the following message several weeks ago and it just came back to my inbox...strange. Here is what I was trying to tell you and Wadeski.
Hey guys,
We are so siked for your wedding!!! It’s going to be so much fun.
Jeff and I are going to drive down the Thursday before and we will check out on Sunday morning. Of course, let us know if you need a ride – not sure when you are coming in.
Also, our wedding gift to you is the condo so you can check in on Sunday – we’ll have it cleaned for you. Stay as long as you want. Please just let us know how many nights you’ll be staying so we can let the resort know.
Congrats, kids! Let’s party!
I loved that movie - totally don't remember the soundtrack but I'll check it out on itunes! Thanks for the suggestion - I'm always looking for new music!
Post a Comment